Friday, November 13, 2009

Core Value Statement

Still musing about C-Levels and the conversation about success.  Attributes, skills and talent surely do make up a hefty portion of what I call The Success Equation and then there are the values.  Are they ethical?  Are they trustworthy?  I watched a company slowly be destroyed through bad decisions, and bad juju.  It took more than 20 years.  The company had some of the industry's best minds and talent (who are incredibly successful today) - and a totally unique culture that survived multiple acquisitions and management-team changes.  After a while, many of us looked to senior management as rotational.  We all worked and did our jobs despite whoever was occupying corner offices.  I knew I had my fill when I looked at a VP and said, "Let me understand this... I need to teach you what I do for this company, so you can tell me if I do it well?"...  Oh yeah, time to make a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment