Friday, November 13, 2009

Want to Move Up? Learn to Manage Like a CEO

I read this article, and I laughed out loud.  I established pretty good relationships with a lot of CEO's, in my 30+ years of working .... and I happen to agree with all that Steve Tobak said, http://blogs.bnet.com/ceo/?p=3250 and those who added their comments.  They were all good observations and recommendations.  I even have a few of my own (based on my experience).  The C-level executives that I have admired in my life, listenedReally listened.  I enjoyed a unique position.  Almost along the lines of a confidant to several.  They earned my trust, and I earned theirs.  I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear - I told them what they needed to hear. Sometimes I was even a little disrespectful.  But now let me tell all you CEO's and C-Levels another side you need to know about.  Once you gain the respect and the loyalty ... don't break it, or deceive it.  In addition to working with several CEO's that I truly admired, there were those who broke the trust.  Who feathered their nest and their cronies... who never really cared about the company or the people who made up that company. To truly be successful, you must establish a trust - and that trust - flows right through the organization and into your customer's mind.  It's called Brand Trust and it starts with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment